Sunday, 11 September 2011

Harare Cityscape - Harare, Zimbabwe

I was born in Harare on the 11th June, 1981 to a Malawian father and a Zimbabwean mother. I grew up in this city and did not live anywhere else until I was 18. After an 11 year absence living abroad I have returned to live in Harare once again, though time and space has greatly altered us. From the 13th Floor of Joina City last week I looked out over my city of birth and for a moment we both went back to a time before now and in that moment we reconnected and I really felt like I was home...




The images in this collection entitle, 'Harare...City of Hope' were taken in that moment... I hope you will fall in love with Harare through them as I did all over again last week. 


rue 












6 comments:

  1. Please help me purchase some of these shots from you. Harare is the true city of gold...Please help me purchase some of these shots from you. Harare is the true city of gold...Well done, Rue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EcoGaurdian I am in the process of setting up an online shop but until them, please email me at ethosphotographic@gmail.com and let me know which pictures you would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. **wizzy says ***such amazing photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing discovery, with such nice picture... I just wonder where are the reflection on them... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really sensational stuff, invaluable scenery that takes us home even though we are miles away, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most Popular Posts