Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Autumn...my favourite season

The road less travelled... 
Autumn 2009 at the University of Reading, England. 

I took this picture in the wilderness patch behind the University of Reading, England and have aptly named it, 'The road less travelled' after the poem of the same name which I love, by Robert Frost. 

I keep a copy on my wall to remind me that there is always a choice!
 Life doesn't have to follow a predictable pattern, we can choose... 
We can dare to be different! 
We can reinvent ourselves whenever we want to, or when we hit a road block in life that wont let us move forward. 
I have found myself at this very junction many times before and here I am again; 

Do I stay or do I go?
Do I stay in line, in my place or do I dare to stick my head above the parapet?
Do I bow my head and get on with the expected or do I stand up and be counted?
Do I stay in the rat race of corporate carnage or do I seek a purer more meaningful path?
Do I hold my peace or do I let the world hear my voice?
Do I see the world as is prescribed or do I find my own way of seeing?
Do I conform to what this world says I should be or do I take 'the road less travelled, the unpredictable, the unthinkable...the unimaginable?
  The former will lead to the ordinary 'everybody' safe choice that is the status quo,  whilst the latter usher in new adventures; opportunities to do things I've always wanted to do and even more I have yet to imagine... make a real difference where it counts... 
If I dare to dream...



I-Heart faces autumn challenge
See more autumn pics here

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most Popular Posts