Tuesday, 7 September 2010

What is fashion?

I must admit that I am only posting on this topic because I saw my mate wearing the T-shirt and I had to take a picture of it! So there is no agenda and possibly little depth to what I have to say on the subject of fashion, not. Now this is not because I don't have impeccable taste and style (big grin here!) but because I don't like what the fashion industry stands for to be perfectly honest. The stick thin models, the super expensive designer lines made for pennies in poor third world countries, possibly by children and so on...So no, I am not championing a debate on the subject... I do however want to hear what you think fashion is????
This is me loving my style...yes its starts with passion and a sense of fun!

I'll go first! I say fashion is a personal self-expression of one's character, where you are in your life at that time and your sense of creativity, passion and sense of fun! All words that don't describe clothes at all really but then does fashion start on the rack or in the heart????


The best definition of fashion I have ever come across is; Fashion is a state of mind...a spirit, an extension of one's self. Fashion talks, it can be an understated whisper, a high-energy scream or an all knowing wink and a smile. Most of all fashion is about being comfortable with yourself, translating self-esteem into a personal style' Cynthia Durcanin( Editor of Elle Magazine.) I completely agree with Cynthia and am genuinely surprised that she is of this opinion yet works in the world of fashion. In light of this fact, my caveat is thus; in addition to the above I believe that fashion has to be self influenced FIRST before the latest 'whatever is going' gets to throw its 'two penny's worth' on what you 'should and shouldn't' when it comes to your personal style and fashion sense . 

Join in the conversation at our Passion in the Moments community page here

2 comments:

  1. I found this article on fashion that I think is worth checking out! @ http://purerunwayfashion.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-is-fashion.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pondering the difference between fashion and style...

    Love your "style" and your fashion!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most Popular Posts