Thursday, 12 August 2010

'An honest days work maketh a man...'




Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art. 

Andy Warhol
 
These images taken of a roofer mending a garage roof round the corner from my house. I was attracted by the flame as I returned from the doctors this afternoon and could not resist asking taking them, flu & all (well it only took few minutes and after all...one does occasionally have to suffer for ones art!)  When I edited the pictures I was really pleased and here are a few for you to enjoy too...
I also thought I would take this opportunity to give a shout out to all men who are good and honest hard workers! As a woman I cannot stress how important it is for us to see men who have a good and honest work ethic! It doesn't matter what a man does, whether he is academic or is handy with his hands and has a trade, it is the disposition of one who believes that it is important to work, earn a living and provide that is essential not so much the how. So to all hard working, self motivated men out there, I salute you! 
'At the working man's house, hunger looks in but dares not enter'
Benjamin Franklin
Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working. 
Pablo Picasso
The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving force of a career must come from the individual. Remember: Jobs are owned by the company, you own your career!
 Earl Nightingale 
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes. 
Ralph Waldo Emerson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most Popular Posts