Thursday, 29 July 2010

The G-Technology Driven Creativity Competition 2010 Entry: Wheel of Time




Hello folks! 
I have entered this years Driven Creativity Competition  which is a public vote competition so please visit their website and vote for me!!!!! 


About my entry


Title: Wheel of Time

Image:




http://www.g-technology.eu/competition/node/273


What drove my creativity:
The 2009/10 winter here in the UK had more snow than we have seen for a long time and I wanted to make the most of it so I looked for unusual things to photograph and that is how I came across this snow covered sculpture. It is actually only a semicircle sculpture so I captured it twice, the top half being the colour version the bottom half being the black and white version. I then stitched them together to form a wheel which my family says looks more like a clock face, hence the title. I am a self taught photographer and am now teaching myself editing and design which I am enjoying and plan to progress in.



Use of prize money:
Prize money will be used to fund a project I call Vanani which means 'we must have hope'. It is a photography, prose and documentary project that is specifically aiming to highlight the plight of people living in the remotest parts of Africa, who are afflicted by HIV / Aids and live in abject poverty. The material gathered through this project will be used to raise awareness and to fund raise on behalf of the Tekva Trust Charity which goes into these nations and provides help to these people. 


So please go onto the competition website and vote for my entry so that I will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most Popular Posts