Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Laugh out loud



Laughter...


Wikipedia says that laughter is an audible expression or the appearance of happiness...


Jean Houston says that 'At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.'

Henry Ward Beecher says that 'Mirth is God's medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it!'

I am resolved to laugh out loud (and not just type lol) every day! It is indeed the best medicine for every situation, prescribed by the greatest physician and you do really feel better after a good old heart felt, belly twitching, eye watering, floor rolling laugh! :-)

This came to mind this morning when I received rather depressing mail in the post and I found myself at that all too familiar cross roads where the course of your life could be changed instantly forever by the decision you make to either cry (and let depression set in) or laugh (and give your cares to God). I decided that I am going to laugh my way through problems, trials, and sickness and laugh out loud! :-) That is how much power i am going to give to circumstances I cannot control - NONE!

The reality is that we would all be (and some of us secretly are) emotional basket cases if we allowed everything that happens to us and around us determine how we think and feel from day to day! Well I cant stop the mail coming and I cant control other people's actions and choices but I do have control over this one thing; do I laugh or cry through it? I choose the former and you know what? I'm, "taking back what they stole from me!" one outburst of laughter at a time :-)

www.christianaffair.co.uk/sermons/TakingBackWhatTheyStoleFromMe.html


1 comment:

  1. I am with you on that one, life will throw you so many random curve balls but you need to laugh !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most Popular Posts